ANFIELD FAMILY LIVERPOOL FAN OF THE WEEK: HATIM BURHANI – KENYA
Anfield Family’s Liverpool fan of the week is an attempt to give voice to passionate Liverpool fans from all corners of the globe and enable a connection with other passionate fans. This week our fan of the week is Hatim Burhani, who comes from Kenya and has been supporting the club for almost three decades. On to Faizal.
Name: Hatim Hamzali
Address: 15778 Nakuri, Kenya
1. How long has it been since you supported Liverpool FC?
It’s been pretty long: 28 years to be precise! I have passionately been following the team for all these years.
2. How did you become a Liverpool fan?
It could be called something of a family legacy. I grew up watching and playing football. My father was a football fanatic as well and I still have fond memories of the days when we would watch matches together on TV. He was a Liverpool FC fan as well and by my late teens I was already a Red-at-heart. I grew up idolizing John Barnes and even dreamed of becoming a player. Well, although I couldn’t realize the dream, I have still been following football and Liverpool FC with my heart.
3. Who is your favorite Liverpool legend and why?
I would name John Barnes as my all time favorite Liverpool player. He was such a prolific left winger, able to take defenses apart with amazing vision and passing. Many of you may not even know this, but he is also an awesome rapper.
4. Who is your current favorite player in the team?
I have to name two players here: Adam Lallana and Daniel Sturridge. Lallana has been amazing this season and I am pretty hopeful about our title chances as long as he is in form. Sturridge is perhaps among the top players in the league when he is in full fitness.
5. Which one player do you suggest the Liverpool board to buy and why?
Bring back Suarez! He is the best. Doesn’t his performance in FC Barcelona show what we are missing here?
6. Given the chance to watch Liverpool play at Anfield, which opponent would you choose and why?
Of course, Manchester United: a rivalry that can grab the attention of the entire planet. Besides, I hate them too.
7. Can you recall the most memorable Liverpool FC match that you watched live?
The UEFA Champions League Final of 2005 against AC Milan. What a comeback!
8. Your favorite Liverpool goal?
My favorite Liverpool goal is definitely the half-line goal by Xabi Alonso against Newcastle United.
9. What’s your expectation for Liverpool for the current season?
Let’s win the Premier League title this season.
10. What’s the most memorable thing that you have done as a Liverpool fan?
I call my son Suarez after Liverpool’s memorable 2013/14 season. He is more popular with this nickname in the family than his real name.
11. Your message to other Liverpool fans.
Keep calm: we will win the league this season. Win or lose, keep supporting Liverpool: they are the best team in the world.
If you are a passionate Liverpool fan and want to be featured like Hatim, get in touch with us. You can contact us through our Facebook page by following this link. See you next week.